[Fourlanders] Reflector Email Size

Brian McCarthy brian at rfacres.com
Tue Apr 19 10:40:35 PDT 2011

Normally it is not a problem, but if you have ever made a post here to
the Fourlanders reflector and not seen it posted or had it
significantly delayed, it may have been due to the size of the email.
With many of us having broadband access it is often easy to forget
that not everyone has it. It is also easy to forget that each email
sent to the reflector gets multiplied out to the list subscribers.
There are 64 subscribers to this list. It can also become a
significant load on an email server to generate 64 or more copies of a
single message when the message is large. The current limit is set to
200KB and has been at that level for a number of years. I will check
with the contesting.com admin' to see if this can be expanded, but
please keep the message size in mind especially when replying.

If you would like to know more "useless" trivia about the reflector, see: