[Fourlanders] Rocket City Rednecks

Tom McElroy tommcelroy.mail at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:24:11 PDT 2011

I was listening to Rick and Bubba KJ4JJ talking to a few guys from
Huntsville
with extensive backgrounds in Physics and Engineering.

http://youtu.be/mqWmQMGAlD8

They're the  Rocket City Redneck scientists.
Said they had a TV show.  Jan set up the Tivo to record an episode on the
National Geographic Channel.

It was the Rednecks rigging up a RF interferometer.
I thought that was profound.  But wait to you see how they
bump up the gain with big excavator to make a bigger antenna...

If you don't get NatGeo, you can see wee bits of the show (minus a lot of RF
detail) on YouTube
http://youtu.be/2O_d-tgv28E

73
Tom McElroy