[Fourlanders] Contest Workdays

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Mon Jan 9 20:31:36 PST 2012

Well we had a pretty productive session on Sunday, despite the rain.  It
did cause us to not get everything done outside that we wanted.

The 2m and 432 stations are completely set up inside now and operational

We got all the trailers into position, put up the 2m EME antennas, most
of the 432 regular trailer is also done, just waiting for rotor loop and
feedline and to be boosted up into the air.  The 432 EMR trailer is
positioned but we did nothing else with that.  We also didn't get to 2m,
but I have finished the antennas and should be able to put them up
myself this week when we have some nicer weather.  Scott did get the 2m
omni's up and tested too.  Jim finished testing the software on the 6m
station and is satisfied that it is ready.  We did fool around with
making some measurements on the 6m antennas with and without the
stackmatch box using the AIM analyzer.

We took a break and had some "four-bean chili' on Sunday afternoon.  No
one left with a low cholesterol level, but seemed to have plenty to eat
and enjoyed it.  I had not made that in several years.

Since this Saturday is the Tech Fest day, some folks wanted to go to
that so we will have another workday on Sunday, January 15.  Some may
come as early as 10:30, but I will be here all day of course.

Bob