[Fourlanders] Fwd: Stuff

whensley11 at comcast.net whensley11 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 17:34:26 PDT 2012

>From the Florida group.

----- Forwarded Message -----

Hello All,

Im back from KH6 land and had an interesting time. I was off the beaten path,
away from where all the tourists go. Back into the "sticks".

While I was there I stayed at the home of KH7Y, Fred. He introduced me to a
number of local hams, and one in particular stood out from the rest.

Dan is his name, and he is a scrap metal dealer. He finds telco sites that are
being shut down, and military installations that are no longer used. They
contact him and say "clean it out, all of it", and that makes Dan very happy.
Since Dan is a ham, he knows the good junk that would be of interest to us. He
has gotten alot of microwave stuff, and has a bunch of it, but, there is
basically no intrest in it on the island. As we all know, you can only go 40 or
50 miles on the microwave bands, right?

Anyway, I have a small sample of stuff coming that might be of intrest to you.
Small items like mixers and directional couplers. Also, take a look at the
attacment if it goes thru. Dan has 8 of these beauties. They are abt 36lbs each.
Take note of the power level. grin.
Ill make a short list of things when it gets here. I basically only wish to
cover the shipping costs.

http://www.cpii.com/docs/datasheets/167/VA888Ddata%20sheet1.pdf

Dave
N9HF