[Fourlanders] Fw: Atlanta Hamfest June 2 2012

Jim Worsham w4kxy at bellsouth.net
Tue May 15 22:41:28 PDT 2012

FYI

----- Original Message -----
From: Norm Schklar
To: wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:25 AM
Subject: Atlanta Hamfest June 2 2012

      Atlanta Hamfest June 2, 2012

      When: Saturday, June 2, 2012. Gates open at 8:00AM - 3:00PM.
      Where: Jim Miller Park located in Marietta, GA. For more info, click here.
      Admission: Adults $5 at the gate. Kids 17 and under are free.
      Talk-in: 146.820(-) PL 146.2Hz, available Friday and Saturday.
      Map: Available here

      The Atlanta Hamfest is in its final planning stages.  We look forward to a big turnout.  And hope to see everyone there.  Come out and visit your clubs table and while there be sure to walk through the bone yard, and support the many vendors that support Amateur Radio.

      And don't forget, there's a great grand prize a Kenwood TS590S.

      Forums/Activities

      Join Connie Bird, NR4CB, for her forum "On Air, Online, and Eyeballs: The Social Side of Ham Radio" at the Atlanta Hamfest June 2. Connie is a 2nd generation Amateur Extra Class operator from central Florida who will be in Atlanta just a few days into her 60+ day road trip across the eastern United States and Canada. She'll explore some of the non-technical aspects of our hobby, how ham radio has influenced her life, and possible ways we can help shape the next generation of hams. She invites you to follow her online on her ham radio travel blog (http://bionic-nerd.com), Twitter (http://twitter.com/bionic_nerd), and Facebook (http://facebook.com/bionicnerd), and she looks forward to meeting you at her forum.

      Antenna Launching Contest
      Test your skills using a slingshot, air powered launcher, potato gun, bow
      and arrow, and throw rope or whatever it takes to get the job done.

      Who can be the most accurate and quickest at launching a pull rope over a
      support (our target) in preparation for installing a wire antenna?

      We hear tall tales about how slick you are at this task. Most hams at sometime need to launch a support for a wire antenna. Here's your chance to show off or get put down!
      We'll start at 10:00 out in the lot just behind the main ticket gate. You'll get 3 chances to get a line through the target and a pull line set up.
      We'll have a small air compressor so if you need air, you don't need to lug your compressor or tank. We'll have a shelter setup and should be easy to find.
      The target is improved over last year, and should create additional challenges for those brave enough to try.

      Questions, contact Earl, AF4FG at arrl.net  www.GARS.org
      Contest Sponsored by The Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society.

      FOURLANDERS CONTEST TEAM, INC. wa4kxy at bellsouth.net