[Fourlanders] Generator Update

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Sun May 12 12:27:02 EDT 2013

Well, after making some slow progress, I decided to call for
semi-professional help in the form of Dr. Bluto from the K4DTX club.
After a short time and only 3 bottles of liquor, the job is done and the
generator is back to it's former condition, starting and running
beautifully.  I have not installed the new remote control front panel,
but wanted to make sure that we could get it to run as it had been.
Probably won't mess with the new front panel until after the contest
since it has been working that way with no problems anyway.

I will remove the suspect wheel and tire and take it to the tire store
after I come back from Dayton as that is a simply solvable problem.

Also after Dayton, I will change the oil and check the anti-freeze level
and we'll be good to go.

Ron will again pull the generator to the mountain for the contest.

I have started and test run it several times, checked charging current
and other voltage and current levels and all is well.

Bob