[Fourlanders] Contest Update

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Sun May 12 13:09:01 EDT 2013

Gentlemen, here is where we stand as of today:

Full time operators:

Bill KI4US and also pulling 6m tower trailer
Jim W4KXY also pulling the 2m tower trailer
Scott NN4W, 6m band capt and pulling 222 tower/chuck wagon trailer
Johnny K4SQC, 222 Band Capt and pulling 432 tower trailer
Ron WW8RR, 432 band capt and pulling the generator
Bob W4ZST pulling Great White with Brian's truck of course
Ivan K4VJM pulling the 6m operating trailer

Part time operators:

Kos N4NIA, 2m band captain, arriving Friday evening to set up station
and staying through Monday for take down.
Kim WG8S, probably arriving Sat AM and departing Sunday PM as usual

Have not heard plans from Paul W4SKI, Jim WE8W or Jack K5FSE.

So, as it stands right now, we have a slightly smaller than usual set-up
crew, but I think we can handle it.  If Jack comes along and maybe we
can get Paul to come up and help Friday afternoon to set up we would be
in fine shape for sure.

Johnny was here yesterday and we went over the 222 station and set-up so
that he will be able to help out as band captain there.  Bill also has
plenty of time on 222 also and will be able to help too.

Station wise, I think we have everything covered.  Scott is going to use
my 6m Commander and I exercised it last night for the full four hours
during the 6m sprint, making 190 Q's and it just loafed along.  Kos is
going to use my 2m Commander for the contest and I had it on Monday
night for the 2m SE net and had no problems there either.  Ron and Scott
will have back up amps for 6 and 2 for us along with some back-up radios
too.

Ron came up Thursday and we took down the 2m antennas, checked them and
stowed in Great White.  We also checked on the 222 equipment, loaded the
antennas and stowed.  We re-calibrated both those rotators.  Also loaded
a spare rotator and checked on all the feedlines for the various
stations and loaded into Great White.

Other items:  Scott will take care of both a Writelog server and
whatever we need for a time server too.  He has done both in the past.
Bill (and Brian) will make sure we have all we need for internet
connectivity on the mountain too.

Just in case you missed out on all the details, Brian just doesn't have
enough vacation time and the company is working him pretty hard.  Jerry
W5TDY can't come due to family commitments and Sherman W4ATL wants to
stay home and give his new station set-up a workout for the contest.

That covers all the usual suspects and should bring everyone up to date.
  Those I haven't heard from, please let me know you plans ASAP.

We will schedule a workday on a weekend after Dayton, to take down the
6m antennas and get them loaded and we'll be in good shape to go to the
mountain.  We will start the convoy from my place around 9AM on Friday
so those who need to come up here to pick up trailers, please plan on
being here around 8 AM so we can get everything hooked up and hit the
road, picking up others that are waiting along the way.

Thanks and looking forward to another good contest on the mountain.

Bob