[Fourlanders] Internet Server For Testing?

John Kludt johnnykludt at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 24 14:08:24 EDT 2013

   Guys,
   Playing  with  WriteLog 11.11 as requested.  I did buy a $99 refurb at
   MIcrocenter just for logging.  Turns out you can't buy a PC with XP anymore
   so I am running under Windows 7 Home edition in 32 bit mode, using the XP
   option under properties.  If somebody has a legal copy of XP Service Pack 3
   media and is willing to share, I can set up a dual booth option.  2014 XP
   stops being supported so at some point we are going to have to deal with it.
   Much of the WriteLog issue seems to be communications over the network and
   with no network those functions are kind of hard to test.  Any energy around
   setting up an Internet based server for testing purposes?  If we can make
   that work, Great White LAN trafic should be easy!  I did get wondering with
   the latency issues if we need a bigger server in Great White.  The little
   machines are great for logging but I am wondering if central logging plus
   skeds plus gabs might get backed up at the server and hence the delay.
   You  all have probably been down all of these roads before, but as the
   newbie, I wanted to ask.
   73,
   Johnny