[Fourlanders] New operating trailer lights. etc

w4zst at windstream.net w4zst at windstream.net
Sun Aug 3 10:47:32 EDT 2014

With the several days of nice weather on us, I've been doing the wiring in the
new operating trailer.  Only a couple of small items left as I ran out of
supplies toward the end today.  I am also about half through with making the tables
too.  Hoping for another nice weather day tomorrow for that.

I think someone volunteered that they had some extra "Disco Rope Lights" to use
in the new trailer.  I'm ready to install as I have the wiring and switch in
place.  Let me know who that was and when we can get together for that. The
trailer is 16' long and 7' wide, FYI.

Also need three surface mount flourescent fixtures for the trailer for regular
lighting too.  These should be two bulb fixtures with a maximum length of 22" to
fit in between the roof trusses.  If anyone has such things they want to donate
to the cause, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll be looking for some next week to
finish the job.

This Thursday, Aug 7, Johnny is coming up to swap out rotators on his 2m EME
array.  If anyone else would like to come and help, it would be appreciated as
this is not a one man job and three would really be nice as we found when
putting them up.
Not sure what time we'll start, but if you are interested and available, let me
know and I'll keep you informed of the time.

I submitted the CQWW VHF contest cabrillo log just now.  There was only a two
week window for submission on this one.  Glad I caught it today.  Anyway, the
same score I posted on the contest update, 20,592.  Maybe I'll put it on 3830
also.

thanks and 73, Bob