[Fourlanders] engineering challenge

Tom McElroy tommcelroy.mail at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:08:56 EDT 2016

This is a fun thing to think about.  A big flywheel comes to mind.

Some guy took out a patent on using suit-case-sized capacitor banks to
supply the peak impulse power to the tube:
https://www.google.com/patents/US20140056411

But gee whiz, when you bottle up *that* much energy in a cap,or a flywheel
watch out!

If the X-ray machine control circuits aren't too sensitive to voltage sag,
maybe you could get away with heavier AC mains wire, and big slo-blow!

73
Tom
W4SDR