[Fourlanders] [GARS] Microwave Activity Last Saturday 3/19

Jeff Townsend wb8lyj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 03:52:13 EDT 2022

I guess I should post here too. :-)

This is something that has just started evolving.

A couple weeks ago a bunch of us got together to play on 1296.
We ended up with 11 or 12 stations on from northwestern Alabama through Georgia to Greenville, South Carolina.
There was SSB, FT8 and maybe Q65 in use.

Everyone loved it so much we decided to do it the first Saturday of every month and expand to 222mhz and up.
There are some Florida stations interested this time around too.

Saturday the 2nd of April will be the first of those Saturdays.
Some of us portable ops have decided we would be on at 10am EST / 9am CST.
Others may show up before or after.

Everyone is welcome to join in.

Coordination is on Slack VHF-Chat in the fourlanders channel.

Jeff
WB8LYJ
wb8lyj at gmail.com

> On Mar 26, 2022, at 11:00 PM, John Kludt <johnnykludt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> Maybe you already know about this?  Sounds likea great chance to exercise those new IC-9700 in terrestrial mode, especially on 1296.
>
> Johnny

Jeff Townsend
WB8LYJ