[Fourlanders] ARRL Club Circle Enlarged

Ron ww8rr at charter.net
Thu Aug 31 22:43:07 EDT 2023

According to rules I read you can change the center of circle for each contest if you want to. You just notify ARRL of it and submit your list of stations. I never realized this.For WE8W to participate in future contests for club aggregate scoring we would have to designate Bob's QTH as center.RonFrom my Samsung  S10
-------- Original message --------From: Brian McCarthy <rfacres at gmail.com> Date: 8/31/23  7:54 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Fourlanders <fourlanders at contesting.com> Subject: Re: [Fourlanders] ARRL Club Circle Enlarged I had checked with Bill, KI4US, about a month back. The circle was 175 miles and was based on EM74wd.BrianNX9OOn Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 2:37 PM Ron Rogers <ww8rr at charter.net> wrote:

Well, I did some quick research and it looks like son Jim (WE8W)
is within the 250 mi circle now.

If we use Bob's QTH (EM84ao) as the center point of the contest and
Jim's new QTH is EM96ta, Wingrid says that the distance is 224.8 miles

As soon as I help Jim get a 6M antenna installed he could assist
our contest efforts from the Clemmons, NC area.

Ron

WW8RR