[Fourlanders] SK

Ron ww8rr at charter.net
Tue May 2 16:32:27 EDT 2023

OH wow....so saddened to hear about Jeff.But...he certainly had an active life...a lot of knowledge and involved with a lot of stuff.And .....I certainly remember all the good stuff he cooked for us while we contested on the mountain.....and his laugh was very distinctive !!RonWW8RRFrom my Samsung  S10
-------- Original message --------From: Bob Lear <w4zst at windstream.net> Date: 5/2/23  2:49 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: FourLanders Contest Team <fourlanders at contesting.com> Subject: [Fourlanders] SK Our good friend and Fourlander and excellent cook, Jeff Grote, W0ONR, passed away Monday morning.  He was in hospice in Gainesville GA.  He was 82.He got to visit with us here for the Jan 2020 contest and catch up with the group then.  He will be missed.  Some good times and good food on the mountain and he also did Field Day with the North Georgia club in Dahlonega for many years.  He was a Viet Nam veteran USAF Captain in communications.  He also had a law degree and was IT director for American Cancer Society in Atlanta for many years. When I get the plans for a memorial I will pass that on to the group.Bob W4ZST_______________________________________________Fourlanders mailing listFourlanders at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/fourlandersSent to: ww8rr at charter.net