[Fourlanders] Fwd: [GARS] 2023 Atlanta Hamfest canceled

Bill Pence pence.bill at gmail.com
Mon May 8 10:12:31 EDT 2023

Well, this is disappointing.

I enjoyed socialing at this hamfest.
Maybe next year....
73
Ki4us

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Talipsky Jr <johntalipsky at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 7, 2023, 3:29 PM
Subject: [GARS] 2023 Atlanta Hamfest canceled
To: <GARS at groups.io>

2023 ATLANTA HAMFEST CANCELED
Organizers to focus on returning in 2024 meeting raised expectations
Date Release: May 7, 2023
​
It is with deep regret The Atlanta Radio Club announces the cancellation of
the 2023 Atlanta Hamfest scheduled for June 3rd. While deeply disappointed,
the Atlanta Hamfest committee will be focusing on the 2024 Atlanta Hamfest
to bring the quality, highly anticipated hamfest that everyone has come to
enjoy over the years.

Construction in 2019 at Jim Miller Park and the ongoing Covid years took a
toll on the show, 2022 was no exception as we experienced the pains of
surging gas prices which resulted in last minute cancellations. This year,
based on sluggish table sales, increased costs, feedback of other amateur
radio activities on the calendar that might impact attendance, and
lingering factors related to the economy this June, the Atlanta Hamfest
Committee realized the event would fall short of everyone’s expectations.

Jim Miller Park is a premier facility boasting a huge newly constructed
convention space with air-conditioning and state of the art systems. The
surrounding plaza is well know for one of the largest tailgating
experiences in the area, as well as a great layout for RV camping on Friday
nights. We have challenged ourselves to raise expectations and produce a
quality experience in 2024 at this great facility.

"The event is the main fundraiser and a signature event for our club"
Chairman John Talipsky N3ACK stated. "We decided it was in everyone’s best
interest to act now so that folks had time to alter their plans. It was a
difficult decision that we hope everyone will understand."

We would like to thank The Signman of Baton Rouge, Chatt Radio, The
Wireman, Icom, TN07 Engineering, and MPD Digital Cables & Connectors for
their continued support our event and other hamfest events.

If you would like to volunteer to help or have suggestions for
demonstrations, events, forums, and activities you would like to see us add
to the show, please email HamfestChair at atlantaradioclub.org

On behalf of the Atlanta Hamfest we thank you for your support and look
forward to a great show in 2024 with some new and innovative hamfest fun!

www.atlantahamfest.com, www.facebook/AtlantaHamfestival,
www.instagram.com/atlantahamfest

Atlanta Hamfest Chairman
John Talipsky N3ACK