[Fourlanders] Beko 6m amp

Bob Lear w4zst at windstream.net
Wed May 10 17:07:52 EDT 2023

Good news.  I finally got into the amp and took out the suspect relay.
8k Ohms contact resistance on the sub-standard relay TX contacts after
they were 'smoked'.  I"ve got it hooked up for testing and it is once
again putting out 900W so the finals and everything else look fine.  I
will be able to replace the relay, with a proper quality and power rated
one before the contest so we will have it back.  I'm sure the problem
was caused by high SWR one the antennas that last day of the contest
when it was raining.  That would have caused the forward power to be
higher and the original relay was not up to that.   Strangely enough the
relay contacts were rated by Tohtsu at 200W but Beko put it in the
output of a 900W amp!  Go figure!

At present I plan to put the Icom 7300 back in the 6m station for the
contest unless someone has another idea or request.

73, Bob