[FRC] Equipment purchase question

Joe Stepansky joe@microserve.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:01:28 -0400

A close friend of mine asked for some advice, but I have no experience in
this area.  Can anyone help?  Here's what he sent me:

"I've got the hots for an FT-847 - saw one for $200 less than I
can find anywhere else - says he bought it and only used it once. A couple
things bother me about it though - looking for your opinion.
Yaesu will not honor the warranty for a second owner - this guy (callsign
removed)
would have to send the radio back for me if there were a problem - probably
not a problem in itself - I get the feeling this guy wants to sell ASAP and
would agree to that arrangement - but, this begs the question: would he
honor it if it came to that?

Long distance transaction - who sends what first? Is there a way for you to
really protect yourself from default?"

73 Joe KQ3F

--
Submissions:              frc@contesting.com