[FRC] FRC banner courier

William N. Goodman, CPA (K3ANS) William N. Goodman, CPA (K3ANS)" <goodmancpa@enter.net
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 02:36:05 -0000

I have the FRC banner at my home in Easton.  I took it to and from Dayton
Hamvention.  I plan to attend the meeting in King of Prussia on June 8, and
I can bring the banner.  However, I would prefer to ride my motorcycle.
Anyone near Easton going to King of Prussia?  I will deliver the banner to
you, to avoid carting it all the way on the cycle.  It will fit, but I
prefer to see it inside a car. Call me at 610-258-5063.  Or reply here.  I
will check my E-mail Sat. morning before I leave.

The biggest motorcycle hill climb in the USA is Sunday, June 9, at the
village of Steel City, near Freemansburg, 1/2 mile from KU3X of FRC.
Freemansburg is between Easton and Bethlehem.  Access is easy from I-78 and
PA 33.  Use the Hellertown exit of I-78 or the Freemansburg Avenue exit from
PA-33.  PA-33 and I-78 now do connect.  Festivities start at 10 AM.  K3ANS
in charge of cycle parking.  I hope to see you there.  The motorcycles burn
nitro methanol fuel, rockets on two wheels!  The hill has average angle of
60 degrees, approaching 90 degrees to top 100 feet.  The course is 750 feet.
Record time is 7.2 seconds from the bottom, with no running start.  Once you
see this race you will never miss it again.  The spectacle is spectacular.
Speed Vision and ESPN usually broadcast  the show in subsequent weeks.