[Hooper] DNA thing

WadeGlasck@aol.com WadeGlasck@aol.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:10:29 EDT

Hi again

A couple of days ago I posted a message about possibly starting a Hooper DNA
project.  I've received several private e-mails from people wanting to know
more.
I'd like to get a gauge of how many people are considering the project and
how soon you think you could start.  If everybody with an interest could post
a short message about which Hooper line they are interested in and whether
they have a candidate to test on that line and about when they would be ready
for testing that would be great.  Also post your response to the list so that
everyone can see it.
I guess I can start.  I am a descendant of Jesse Hooper.  He was born in 1758
probably in South Carolina.  He was a soldier in the Georgia Militia during
the Revolutionary War.  He moved to Davidson County (present-day Cheatham
County), Tennessee about 1800.  He died in Tennessee in 1839.  As far as
testing goes.  My mother has two male Hooper first cousins.  Neither of them
has the slightest interest in genealogy.  I'll have to try and convince one
of them somehow to take the test and I'll end having to pay for it.  I have
no idea how long that will take or if I'll even be able to get them to do it.
I guess now is as good a time as any to discuss the price of the test.  There
are two phases to the testing.  The first part they call the low resolution
(12 marker) test.  This test gives you a general idea of which test results
may be those of related individuals.  With a group (6 or more tests ordered)
price the cost of this is $99 per test.  The second phase is the high
resolution (25 marker ) test.  The group price is $90 per test.  This refines
the previous test and shows which tests are definitely those of related
individuals.  The second phase is optional.  The reason you may not want to
continue with the second phase would be if in the first phase your results
are so vastly different from those of the other participants that it is
obvious there is no relationship, you can skip the second half and save $90.
Thanks.

Wade Glascock

multipart/alternative
  text/html