[Hooper] DNA thing

AB4RU@aol.com AB4RU@aol.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 07:17:56 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/02 9:11:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
WadeGlasck@aol.com writes:

> I'd like to get a gauge of how many people are considering the project and
> how soon you think you could start.

Hi Wade,

I just returned from Newark and read your message. I will be glad to take the
test and provide a DNA string for Absalom's line. I think it will be
important for others to contibute DNA from the same ancestor in order to
verify a positive link. As you have mentioned, there are several questions
that DNA could answer and with incredable accuracy. DNA testing could also
help establish a link to what country the Hooper line came from prior to
1700. This would allow more reserach to be focused in a known area of
relation. As the price for DNA testing continues to drop and new advancements
are made, who knows where this will lead genealogist.

The only question I have at this time, can a DNA string be established from
hair? The reason I am asking is that one of my cousins has a lock of hair
from a Hooper baby that was born dead back in the 1800's and has been passed
down through the family. Others may have similar items.

Ron

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---