[Hooper] Visit from a Gem of a Hooper

Karen Jordan karentrulljordan@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

It's been a long time since I posted anything to this
list.  I was off in other branches of my famly tree
but have recently come back to Hooper and have found
much about my particular line -- Enos C. Hooper &
Margaret Harbison, my 3X great grandparents.

This morning a very dear 'hopeful' cousin who lives in
Alaska visited me.  Naomi Hooper Greene.  Naomi has
been so wonderful to feed me all kinds of census and
other information over the past 16 months.  I believe
she was my very first contact.

Naomi is a tue gem, in every sense of the word.  She
believes, as I do, that my Enos was a child of
Clemmons Hooper, Sr.  I'm beginning to think that only
old photos will tell the story here.  Naomi's great
(?) grandfather and Enos looked so much alike.  Really
uncanny.  Still, there is no documented proof.

I'm hoping that there is a Hooper out there somewhere
who hasn't yet begun this quest, someone who hasn't
dug through old papers in a trunk -- papers that will
provide answers to these questions that need answers
so badly.

In the past few months, I have found much about one of
Enos & Margaret's sons, William F. Hooper, and about
Enos's son by Mary Polly Monroe, Jeptha Hooper.  All
documented!

Yep, this old Sherlock is hot on the Hooper trail.
Let's hope more gems turn up!

Karen Trull Jordan