[Hooper] Re: message

MarynJT at aol.com MarynJT at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 21:53:37 EST 2003

Hi all,

Sorry I messed up on the message I sent.  Karen Trull Jordan wanted to know
more about the family Clay had the write up in the paper about.  The family
was Broadus Hooper and his wife Minnie Melvina Laney.  I was not aware of
Fred Laney also being in the car.  But the family was out for a drive and
went over a cliff.  Broadus and the 3 children were killed immediately.
Minnie died the next day.  The baby was taken and raised by her maternal
grandparents, the Laneys near Madisonville, TN.  Glenda, the baby is living
in Athens, TN.  She and her husband Thurman McDaniel come to the
reunion in Hiawassee every year they can.  Broadus was a son of George
Washington Hooper and his 2nd wife, Martha Palestine Bradshaw.  G.W. Hooper
was a son of Enos McHenry Hooper.  The story is on page 399 of "A Glimpse
Into The Past.

mary hooper crocker