[Hooper] Re: A.B. Hooper

Naomi Green jacknomie at gci.net
Sun Nov 14 00:03:30 EST 2004

Tom:

I will add to what Clay sent from my Hooper "Census Tracking Sheets".  Sorry, it will not copy and paste in single space format.
ARCHIBALD BENJAMIN HOOPER -

1870 Barbour Co., Alabama - Township 9, Range 25 - 2264/2450

HOOPER, Benjamin, 30, b. FL

HOOPER, Caroline, 28, b. SC

HOOPER, Anna, 6, b. AL

HOOPER, Willie, male, 3, b. AL

1880 Brazos Co., Texas, E. D. 19, Page 304A

WALKER, J., male, 21, b. TX, both parents b. GA

WALKER, L., female, wife, 21, b. GA, father b. MS, mother b. GA

HOOPER, A. B., male, widow, 39, b. Florida, both parents b. GA; Farmer

1900 Pauls Valley, Chickasaw Nation- Indian Territory - 83/84

TICHNEOR(?), Henry

TICHNEOR(?), Lidie, wife

HOOPER, Archebald B., Oct 1846(?), 53, married 1 yr, b. FL, both parents b. NC; Boarder

THOMAS J. HOOPER -

1860 Henry Co., Alabama - 797/796

THOMAS, Elizabeth, 46, b. GA

HOOPER, Thomas J., 16, b. FL

1870 Henry Co., Alabama - Precinct 12 - 156/156

HOOPER, Thomas J., 24, b. FL

THOMAS, Elizabeth, 57, b. FL; keeping house

1880 Henry Co., Alabama - District 86- Hilliard Ville - 88/88

HOOPER, Thomas, 30, b. AL, parents' birthplace left blank

HOOPER, Matilda, wife, 20, b. AL, parents' birthplace left blank

HOOPER, Nepolian, son, 3, b. AL

SMITH, Jacob, Father, 75, Father, b. NY, parents' birthplace left blank

1900 Henry Co., Alabama - Fowlers Mill - Precinct 17 - 141/141

HOOPER, Thomas J., Feb 1846, 54, m. 24 yrs; b. FL, both parents b. GA

HOOPER, Matilda, wife, Nov 1849, 50, m. 24 yrs; 7 children, 4 living, b. AL, father b. GA, mother b. AL

HOOPER, Napoleon, son, May 1878, 22, Single, b. AL

HOOPER, Lucy, dau, Sep 1880, 19, Single, b. AL

HOOPER, Mamie(?), dau, Jul 1887, 12, b. AL

HOOPER, Thomas, son, May 1890, 10, b. AL

1910 Houston Co., Alabama - Precinct 7 - 37/37

HOOPER, Thos. J., 63, married 30 yrs, b. FL, father b. US, mother b. GA

HOOPER, Matilda N., wife, 58, m. 30 yrs; 10 children, 4 living, b. AL, father b. AL, mother b. GA

HOOPER, Lucy B., dau, 28, Single, b. AL

HOOPER, Thos. J., son, 18 Single, b. AL

(1 hired hand)

1920 Houston Co., Alabama - Center School House - 89/89

HOOPER, Thomas, 74, b. FL, father b. GA, mother b. AL

HOOPER, Francis, wife, 73, b. AL, both parents b. AL

THOMAS J. (TOMMIE) HOOPER - (Son of Thomas J. and Matilda Hooper)

1900 Henry Co., Alabama - Fowlers Mill - Precinct 17 - 141/141

At home:

HOOPER, Thomas, son, May 1890, 10, b. AL

1910 Houston Co., Alabama - Precinct 7 - 37/37

At home:

HOOPER, Thos. J., son, 18 Single, b. AL

1920 Houston Co., Alabama - Center School House - 79/79

HOOPER, Tommie, 29, b. AL, both parents b. AL

HOOPER, Lizzie, wife, 23, b. AL, both parents b. AL

HOOPER, Ernest, son, 3, b. AL

1930 Houston Co., Alabama - Center School House - 165/181

HOOPER, Tommie, 39, married at age 26, b. AL, father b. GA, mother b. AL

HOOPER, Lizze, wife, 32, married at age 18, b. AL, both parents b. AL

HOOPER, Ernest, son, 13, b. AL

HOOPER, Minnie Bell, dau, 9, b. AL

I have not found them in 1850 census yet.

I question Jacob Smith being the father of Thomas Hooper, even though that is supposed be the relationship in the 1880 census.

Since Thomas J. Hooper was in Houston Co., Alabama in the 1920 census at age 74, I would say he died there.  You should write to Alabama and try to get his death certificate.  If it is filled out properly, it will give his parents' names and place of birth. If you do get that, I would be very interested in knowing who they were.

I add my desire to see one of these Hooper males join our Hooper DNA project.  Maybe Earnest Hooper has a male descendant still living.

Naomi Hooper Green