[Hooper] Hiram Hooper

Hlmyers@aol.com Hlmyers at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 16:52:28 EST 2005

Thanks to all who responded to my gg grandfather Hiram Hooper request. I have
census on my Hiram Hooper with Matilda and children listed in Cass County,
Texas. Hiram was somewhat older than Matilda. Of course, Matilda out lived Hiram
by many years. In later years Matilda lived with her third son, (fourth
child), (g-grandfather) Francis Marion and S.E. Hooper. My grandfather Clifford,
was the oldest of Francis and Susie Hooper children. Both Francis and Susie
Hooper are buried in OK. My grandparents, Clifford E. and Sadie Gertrude
Chenault-Hooper are buried in Brazos County, Texas. My Dad, J.C. Hooper is buried in
Tomball, Harris County, Texas.

I really appreciate all the responds. I feel my Hiram, did not leave Cass
County, Texas once he arrived. I do believe he traveled with a brother, Enoch
Hooper. Enoch Hooper did not stay in Cass County. Me thinks! Enoch had more
traveling to do before packing it in. Possible returned to GA, SC. maybe Arkansas,
or even Tennessee?

Somewhere in the family stories, Susan (Susie E.) was reported to be a Snell
from Arkansas. I can't seem to find truth in this story. Although, this story
could be true. I know there was (maybe still be) Hooper family in Arkansas.
Have not found a marriage licenses either. There are for sure Hooper family in
the Harmon and Jackson County, OK.

I knew this was a long shot when I started my Hooper research 15 years ago.
Guess I will continue to hunt for my connection. There are lots of Hooper's in
Texas and it seem ever place else to boot.

Happy Hunting, Thanks for the help, lets all keep on looking,

Helen H-Myers