[Hooper] Hooper/Carter

Janice Moore janicem at southernpain.com
Mon May 1 08:57:39 EDT 2006

Franklin County Georgia Marriages by Martha Acker, page 79 lists Charles
W. Carter married Elizabeth Hooper 5 Feb 1835, Thomas King, CCO 5 Feb
1835 Benj Longridge, JP License 1751-01/2-25. Would like to identify
this Elizabeth Hooper. Also, have information they had sons James Monroe
Carter b. Franklin County, GA 1838, George W. Carter, Francis Marion
Carter and William J. Carter, all in the Civil War. Would also, like to
know the name of Charles W. Carter's parents. Deanna R. (Hooper)
Baumgardner 4606 Willis Avenue #105 Sherman Oaks, CA. 91403-2622 818
789-1378

I just stumbled across this posting of yours. I am interested in the
Carter line. My ancestor was Francis Marion Carter who died in the civil
war, and his son Benjamin Micajah Carter who later moved into Alabama
and gave birth to my ggrandmother, Martha Elizabeth Carter married
Joseph Nathaniel Clifton. I am interested in any information you may
have on Francis Marion and/or his parents. Also, I noted in his Civil
War record that his wife was listed different than my records (I am at
work and cannot remember the exact names right now). I went back into
FTM and noted that the wife I have listed died around 1855. He very well
could and probably did remarry after her death. This is new information
for me so I am trying to assimilate all this and get it into working
order. I would be glad to share anything I have with you that you do not
already have. thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to
provide.