[Hooper] Obadiah Hooper, Sr.

Deanna Baumgardner diane at nrgrecording.com
Fri Jun 15 18:14:21 EDT 2007

Does anyone have a source for the father of Obadiah Hooper, Sr. other
than the LDS Church Genealogy? I have written all of the submitters
and the letters were returned.  I have been unable to find Richard
Hooper in Hanover County, VA. where Obadiah is reported to have been
born 1720-1727. The earliest records I have located in Hanover County
are 1743 and the names were,
Hooper,  Edward ,  Hooper, John , Hooper, James ,  Hooper, William.
It would seem if Obadiah was 16-23 years old in Hanover, his father
would be among these Hooper men.

Unless we have any proof of his father as Richard and grandfather as
James, we should remove these records and continue our search. If
anyone has any other records, please share.

Deanna (Hooper) Baumgardner