[Hooper] James Hooper

Deanna Baumgardner deannabaumgardner at me.com
Mon Aug 11 22:47:16 EDT 2008

This Thomas1 Hooper is a 25/24 DNA match for Obadiah Hooper, which
means they shared a common ancestor.

18.  THOMAS WILLIAMSON4 HOOPER (JOSEPH HENRY3, EDMUND2, THOMAS1) was
born 02 Nov 1832 in Hanover
County, Virginia, and died 26 Nov 1915 in Culpepper, Virginia.  He
married LETTIE W. JOHNSON 18 Jan 1860 in
Liberty, Virginia.
Notes for THOMAS WILLIAMSON HOOPER:
Richmond Dispatch 3 February 1895
"About Beaver Dam" - Interesting Recollections and Notable Natives of
the Place, Memories of Dr. Thomas W.
Hooper
Near Cold Harbor stands the house where my father was born, and not
far from the house there is a graveyard,
surrounded by a brick wall, with a half-circle brick along the top.
There sleep the generations of my forefathers.
In that enclosure is buried Mr.James Hooper and at his funeral
Rev.Samuel (blank) officiated in 1754 and
preached a most powerful sermon on the text selected by the good man
before his death 1 Peter IV:18. The
cemetery is referred to by Dr. Hooper is now termed The Garthright
Cemetery and sits on the grounds of the
house identified by the National Park Service as the Garthright House.

Deanna (Hooper) Baumgardner