[Hooper] Richard Brookes/Mary Gibson

Deanna Baumgardner deannabaumgardner at me.com
Sat Aug 23 23:15:32 EDT 2008

Has anyone found the parents of Richard Brookes and Mary Gibson,
parents of Massilva Brookes Hooper?
These are the earliest sightings of Brookes that I have found:

Henrico County, Virginia Deeds 1677-1705, Compiled by Benjamin B.
Weisiger III, Richmond, Virginia 1986
P. 265 At a court held at Fort Henry 20 Sept 1656 Present: Mag Abr'm
Wood, Mr. William Baugh, Mr. Will Walthall, and Mr. George Worsham,
Commissions.
Walter Brooks acknowledged surrender of Robert Cobb's land to Michael
Masters (ver copy 1 Feb. 1683)

Robert Cobbs appoints Walter Brook his attorney to surrender land to
Michael Masters 1 May 1656 Wit: Nich. Brooke, John Hubbard Signed:
Robert Cobbs (Ver copy 1 Feb. 1683)

Colonial Wills of Henrico County, Virginia, Part One, 1677-1737,
Abstracted & Compiled by Benjamin B. Weisiger, III
Will of Thomas Brooks
To son inlaw Thomas Oen. i shilling
To son in law William Oen. 1 shilling
To John Rench, 1 cow calf
To John Elderkin, all my wearing clothes
All the rest of my estate to wife Joanna Brooks
Dated 23 Feb 1694
Wit: John Elderkin, Samuel Bridgewater
Probated 2 Dec. 1695

The Vestry Book of St. Paul's Parish, Hanover County, Virginia 1706-1788
At a Vestry held at the lower church, for S, Pauls New Kent County
Feb. 9,  1705 To Richard Brooks for Anthony Burroughs (10

Deanna (Hooper) Baumgardner