[Hooper] Hooper/Hurt Connection

Deanna Baumgardner deannabaumgardner at mac.com
Tue Dec 16 20:02:20 EST 2014

Amelia Hurt Hooper was the daughter of Obediah Hooper, Sr.
Birth 20 Dec 1761 in Lunnenburg, Virginia, USA
Death 1830 in Barren County, Kentucky, United States of America
Why Hurt for a middle name?

Another connection we need to explore.  We cannot find a direct connection to the Hurt family until James Hooper, Sr. (1746-1836) married Elizabeth Chambers, daughter of Thomas Chambers (1722-1798) and Millicent Hurt (1736-1796).

We believe this connection goes much further back to the Hurt family in the same area as early as 1650.