[kids] Boring Kids

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 16:14:26 -0800 (PST)

Well, we had Theresa make a few QSOs near the start, then I had to drop
K2MM off at the airport.  Then Theresa made some more QSOs, then Joesph
came over and they got to share the radio.  Then Kendra, Wesley, Grace
and John came over.  Then Rebecca came upstairs!!!  Some people got a
lot of QSOs out of us.

Sounds like activity was good.  Joesph ran off about 28 QSOs as the rate
picked up when everyone else had to leave.  This guy might be a contest
op someday if we can teach him to stop fingering the microphone while he
is talking!

One of our best laughs is when someone said "What is your name Grace?"
Grace wasn't sure how to answer it.  Turns out they really wanted her
age.

We also heard the AA3B girls having a giggle attack!

I think this is what we gave out.  Joesph used K7RAT and everyone else
used N6TR:

Theresa 6 Oregon Pink
Rebecca 5 Oregon Sparkling Red (which I am wearing)
Wesley  8 Oregon Black
Joesph  8 Oregon Blue
John    ? Oregon Blue?  I think John was 8.
Grace   9 Oregon Green
Kendra  3 Oregon Pink
Sarah   2 Oregon Unknown (she didn't make any QSOs - in training).

Tee shirts - I still have some tee shirts if people want to give them
to the kids.  $15 and a few bux for postage please.  We have S, M and L.
The S seems to work for kids around 4.  The M is for the 6 year olds
and the Ls seem to work for the bigger kids.  I am out of adult sizes,
but will try to get some more made for Dayton.  State favorite color:
Light Blue, Dark Green or Gray.  Some size/colors are sold out, so try
to put more than one choice if possible.  The money goes towards doing
the certificates (printing and postage).  Make sure we know who your kids
were (proper spelling of their names) and your address and you will get
a certificate.

Stations worked by the various ops:

K0RF Kendra Colo 9 Red
KZ5MM Matt 9 Tx Greed
K7YA Charles 11 AZ Lazy Lemon
KB0VVT Rebecca 9 MO Blue
KB4HAH Thomas 11 (12 in 2 days) FL Red but sometimes blue
AA3B Laura 9 PA Purple
AA3B Diana 11 PA Red
W4PSZ/M Arnold in GA
K1JX Karin 6 CT Yellow
KK5MV Jim 38 TX Blue
WD8PFS Dan 35 CA Blue
N3ZIP Tony 29 PA Green
KC0CDJ/m Hale 32 MN Blue
KO4WH Lloyd 34 CO Blue
N5OIU Rob 41 TX Blue
KB0JFK Bill WI Blue
KA0FWL Dave 60 IA Blue
K8DX Scott 31 OH Green
WA2USA Naureen 14 IND Blue
KA9EYB Don 69 Ill Blue
WA2USA Dennis 48 IND Green
WR1P Molly 9 MA Blue
VE5LEP Lundon 10 SK Blue
N0TDK J.J. 8 MN Purple
KK5FV Dustin 10 TX Red
W5KDJ Wayne 57 TX Purple
W6SW Aonla? 7 CA Blue
K3CT Jonathan 9 PA Blue
K3CT Abbey 12 PA Blue
K5RT Sarah 6 TX Red
WO4O Mellany 11 TN Blue
K3OO Sarah 7 PA Blue
K6XX Sarah 6 CA Blue
NY3Y Dave 7 PA Red
K1DG Andrew 9 Purple NH
KB0VVT Rebecca 9 MO Blue
N1MM Eric 12 CT Blue
W2XG Kelly 8 MD Purple
KD2I Bob 10 NJ Blue
K9VX Steve 46 TX Blue

Quite a list.  Bert, K7RAT even gave out one or two QSOs.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/kidsfaq.html