[kids] Kids Day at N9LJX

Scott A. Stembaugh scott@purdue.edu
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 09:10:53 EST

Well my daughter decided she would rather spend the day with her
mother than play radio.  Luckily my 5 yr old nephew was visiting so
we were still able to get on the air and make a few contacts.  This
was my first Kid's Day and it was very difficult to keep Jacob's
interest from drifting to all of the neat stuff (wires, mics, plugs,
etc) in the shack.  We only made about 7 contacts but he thought it
was pretty cool.  I have to remember, DON'T PUSH!

When my daughter heard me mention that I was going to send in the log
so that Jacob would get a certificate her response was, "For only 7
conacts??  We made more than that (she helped me in the arrl10m
test)!  You didn't say anything about a certificate!"  Ahhh, to be 9
again :-).

Thanks for the fun.  We will be back on in June (probably with 2 ops
this time).

--scott N9LJX

--
Scott A. Stembaugh - Project Administrator
scott@purdue.edu (765)494-3308 Fax: (765)496-1380

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/kidsfaq.html
Submissions:              kids@contesting.com