[kids] N5NU's QSO's

Jason N5NU n5nu@inu.net
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 21:24:31 -0500

Hello to everyone,
	Was nice to hear everyone on the air again during Kids Day.  Sounded like
lots of new people were getting into the act.
	This was both Drew and John's second time to work the event, but the first
time they were doing this together with me.  I was surprised at what they
had remembered.  Drew was able to tell me the exchange, and John remembered
the CQ part, and some of the exchange.
	However, both needed some brushing up on the finer points.  Unless the
signal was well over S9, it was hard for them to copy through the static.
	But overall, it looks like they learned a lot about radio, and a lot about
the finer points of it.  This time we used a second radio/antenna on 40
meters to see if there was anyone there.  We CQ'ed the whole 6 hours, so no
one can say that we didn't try to stir up anything.  I think we ended up
with 12 QSO's on 40 meters out of those 6 hours.
	We had a ton of busted calls.  Forget about the exchanges, we got about
half of those complete.  Here's the "log" in alphabetical order.  There is
a (2) there if we worked you twice, etc...

USA

AA3B (3)	AA3NH (2)	AC5LC		AD4O		AD4UL
AE2T		AI4ED		K1EA (2)	K1JX (2)	K2UST
K3PP		K3TI		K5SBC		K6EM		K6XX (4)
K7RAT (3)	K8WOX	K9YNF		KA1BB		KA0TXT
KB8STP	KB8VUW	KB9CHT	KC5FR		KC5UHW
KC7FVL	KC8CCL	KC8CMQ	KD2I		KD5CCO
KF4TJL	KF6JNZ	KF9YL		KI6X		KQ6TP
KW8G		KX2P		KY6M		N1OK		N2MTT
N2VHI		N3DZD	N3OGY	N4DD		N5WXO
N6CG/P	N7LR (2)	N7SJ		N8GEN	N8YWN/M
N9BOR	N9NEI		N9THC (2)	N9XHE		NC1A/M
NE1Z		NQ2J		W3KIF/M	W55OK	W5H5W
W5MIU		W6UE (2)	W6SW		W6YJ		W7WM
W0RNH (2)	W0RTT	W0SHS/M	WA1DBR	WA1VHT (3)
WA2EAQ	WA3HVR	WA3KAE	WA7LDW	WA8FGA
WA0QMU	WB8RWI	WB0YDI	WC0K		WD4???
WD5GNR	WOYO	(busted)

VE

VA2MGL (2)	VA3FIN/M	VA3JQ		VE3ZVF	VE5KC (2)

DX

FBC2YT	FBC6CUS	G0FUV		S58AL

It was cool to hear G0FUV come back to DREW's CQ.  Surprised me.  That
helped his ego immensely!  The best part was that he was loud, and you
could really hear the accent behind him, so it made it really real.

OK, thanks again.

73, Jason N5NU
n5nu@inu.net
http://www.inu.net/n5nu/