[kids] K1JE Kid's Day Results

Michael C. Joens joens@thecia.net" <joens@thecia.net
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:27:09 -0400

Anna and Mary were looking forward to Kid's day for several weeks, and were
not disappointed. Of course, yesterday was also a great day weatherwise, so
they preferred to go back outside to play and to ride their bicycles - who
can blame them?

The first three qso's were done by both Anna and Mary, the later ones just
by Anna.

20:58 - KB0VVT - Rebecca - 11 - green - Raytown, Missouri
21:11 - KT4UA - Chris - 16 - green - Alabama
21:27 - KB9RWB - Christine - 11 - Missouri
23:28 - WA3WNK - Monica - 11 - blue - Pittsburgh
23:33 - W6UE - Mike - 33 - purple - Pasadena
23:43 - AA0RT - Jessica - 7 - pink - Missouri
23:44 - AA0RT - Tim - 4.5 - green - Missouri
23:49 - 6Y5WG - Ingo - 8 - pink - Jamaica
23:51 - N5TJ - Tracy - 5 - purple - Dallas, Texas
23:55 - N4UFP - Marley - 10 - orange - South Carolina
23:59 - KM5OL - ?? - 9 - blue - Dallas, Texas

 Our exchanges were:

Anna - 5 years - pink - Beverly, Massachusetts
Mary - 2 years - yellow - Beverly, Massachusetts
Call sign used: K1JE

On 20 meters, there was wall-to-wall QRM, worse than in CQWW or ARRL DX. No
problem finding other kids - it may be time to spread a bit so we can find
room to CQ. Lots of fun, though. Anna was at times mor interested in
spinning the large tuning knob on the rig than in making qso's, so I just
hit the lock key and let her play.

For next weekend, Anna and Mary are looking forward to Field Day - on
Sunday, there will be a town fest at our Field Day site (coincidentally),
and there will be pony rides, air castles, face painting, games - all kinds
of fun things. Although there is really no connection to ham radio other
than site and time, for Anna and Mary that's what Field Day and ham radio
means: FUN.

See you all in January!

"73, K1JE" (Anna)
"73, K1JE" (Mary)