[Kids] W1AW for Kids Day, in the future what about expanded modes & hours for Kids Day ?

w4chl at amsat.org w4chl at amsat.org
Mon Jun 16 16:44:05 EDT 2003

Thank you, Mark WA8SME, for staffing W1AW for Kids Day !

As we prepare here for Kids Day operation from N4PRC running a 100W HF
field station at one of our largest local festivals, Hog Day (Hillsborough
NC) we had a couple of questions for future Kids Day operation:

- The suggested frequencies do not include any commonly used for digital
modes:
? What about explicitly encouraging digital QSOs ?  If PSK31 is deemed too
crowded on 20m (14070kHz), can usually scare up a QSO on 40m (7035kHz) or
10m (28120kHz).

- The hours of operation are rough on stations like ours: we'll be in the
heat of the day here in the Southern US when Kids Day starts at 1800z:
? Please consider some rolling times that include a more useful time to
operate within that locale. What about a 1400z (1000EDT) start ?

Again, thank you. Hope we can work you and many other stations with 100W
mobile from Kids Day at Hog Day in NC !

We'll  be on offering to initate 3rd party traffic with willing "pre-Kids
Day" contacts.

For more info:

Cheers & 73s de Mark W4CHL
Chapel Hill NC  USA   http://rtpnet.org/parc