[Kids] Kids Day 2009

Arnold oe1agb at hamradio.at
Tue Jan 6 16:15:30 EST 2009

More than 100 children visited the Technical Museum Vienna (Austria) to
participate on Kid's Day. With two VHF and two HF stations they operated the
special call OE1KIDS.

Conditions were very bad and on top of that the lower bands were completly
occupied by RTTY contesters. But we were prepared and built paperclip keys
and the children made their first tries in CW with them.

On one of the VHF-stations we operated in D-Star and had contacts with
stations all over the world.

43 of the children also had a sleepover at the museum.
Team and kids had a lot of fun!

See some pictures at http://www.hamradio.at/index.php?id=69

Conditions will certainly approve for next Kid's Day and we are looking
forward to it.

vy 73,

Arnold OE1AGB