[Mldxcc] Fw: [NCCC] Fw: CQWW CW W6ISO SOAB HP

H. Kohlmoos w6iso at smrn.com
Wed Dec 1 22:58:20 EST 2004

Here's the answer to my question.  It may help users of WL to make sense of
what they think they see.  Read Eric's answer below.

73, Kit  --  W6ISO
CU on Calif. QSO Party in 2005
Subject: Re: [NCCC] Fw: CQWW CW W6ISO SOAB HP

> > However, I was enjoying cherry picking Sunday afternoon when I noticed
ZF2NT
> > was highlited on the Band Map.  How can that be I just worked him a few
> > minutes ago on this band?
> > The program is WriteLog 10.45.  Can somone explain what is wrong?

 Hi Kit, I noticed the same problem with ZF2NT and P40L showing as needed
 mults on 15 meters when I know I'd already worked them.  I was baffled
 for a while until I looked at the original spot in the packet window:

 N3PXF     21046.6 ZF2NT       QSX 14057.50         2130 28 Nov 2004

 Apparently this guy had his rig in split mode and his software was
 inserting the QSX when he made a spot.  So WriteLog was doing the
 dupe check against our transmit frequency.  This also explains why I
 sometimes found my rig in split mode unexpectedly.  I doubt Bruce was
 listening 7 MHz down!

 73,
 Eric - K6EP