[Mldxcc] WX6V & K6AO - SSCW

Jim Venneman wx6v at msn.com
Mon Nov 8 01:00:50 EST 2004

Fun weekend!!

Here's my claimed results and story:

WX6V   QSOs    Mults (QTH = W6SR)
80         159        3
40         156       10
20          80        11
15         157       54
10            2         2
Totals    554       80   = 88,640
12 hours

K6AO     QSOs    Mults (QTH = K6DGW)
80            3         0
40           86        8
20           57        4
15         194       58
Totals    340       70   = 47,600
6 hours

Weekend Totals = 894 QSOs x 150 mults = 136,240
18 hours

My thanks to Rick and Karen Samoian for hosting me on Saturday and Fred Jensen for hosting me on Sunday.

Pretty good conditions in spite of the increased A level on Sunday.
Saturday:
Worked a sweep on Saturday with a record low number of QSOs for me. Last Mult was VE6EX answering a CQ on 80 late in the evening. Realized the advantage of W6SR's Beverage antennas when I had to deal with some weird kind of S8 noise on 40 & 80 - sounded very much like those BPL recordings I've heard on the ARRL website. Rick is trying to figure out what and where it is. The S8 noise dropped to S1 with the beverages on 80 and S4 on 40. Had to employ the oldest known filter design in the world - the one between my ears.

Sunday:
My apologies to the club members who had to endure my out-of-control computer keying during the rally on Sunday afternoon. I started operating right at 1:00 and it took at least 30 QSOs before I was able to adequately make the transition from Writelog to TR-Log (first time using TR in at least 3 years). Had difficulty early-on figuring out the difference between the CQ mode and the S&P mode - and I even practiced this on Friday night!

Sure appreciated the utility of the Super-Check Partial and Auto-Fill files from the NCCC website. Made life a little bit easier - even with corrections that were needed from time to time. The club was certainly out in force this weekend. I could tell that SMC was using the same strategy as us by the low QSO numbers received from the 9s on Sunday. Should be interesting to see how this all works out. I think that we may have the advantage in organization this year. Thanks for all the great spots. See y'all in two weeks.

KB!
Jim -WX6V-