[Mldxcc] Additional SS comments & Writelog query - WX6V

Jim Venneman wx6v at msn.com
Mon Nov 8 13:10:31 EST 2004

Happy Monday,

Hope that everyone was able to make it back to their home QTHs safely last
night.

Several additional items came to mind after my score posting.

Sure appreciated the packet spots coming in before the contest started. As a
result, I was able to work a VO1 for contact #1 followed by WP3R, W0SD, and
soon after - VY1JA. Working NL, PR, SD, and NWT in the first ten contacts of
SS is what I call a Great Start!

I also have a question about the auto-fill file for Writelog. I downloaded
the nccc_ss_cw_2004.zip file from the website last week. I unzipped the
file, created an .adi file and then followed the instructions contained
under Writelog tips that tells the software to point to this file. However,
during the process of loading, the program hung up and I was forced to
CTL-ALT-DEL and then End Task for Writelog. Tried this twice with the same
results.

One thought - a pop-up box came up before loading the file into Writelog
that asked what fields I wanted to include. I assumed, since the Help file
didn't say, that the darkened fields were the ones being selected. I
unselected (lightened) the NR field before attempting to load the file. Any
ideas? Also - will we be using this same file for SS weekend or will there
be an ss_ssb file?

I appreciated the utility of the auto-fill file at K6DGW's QTH using Tr-Log.
While the fields were not actually filled, a suggested fill came up with
most callsigns near the logging area - I found this to be very helpful. The
information was usually correct.

KB!

Jim  -WX6V-