[Mldxcc] MLDXCC contest effort at K6KM's QTH

Rick and Karen Samoian samoian at directcon.net
Fri Oct 14 16:51:00 EDT 2005

Hi ALL
Well it's 2 weeks to go for CQWW and counting, I am sending this to re-affirm the operators and setup a first cut at compatible shifts for all (I HOPE).
My current thinking is we go with a multi-2.  Why? Cause there ain't a 10 min. rule and both stations can run as well as hunt mults., this will make for a lean and all band operation.
I think a 6 hr ON PERIOD and a 6 hr OFF PERIOD for all ops will give everyone 12 hrs of operating per day.  I plan to have no more than 4 people at Bill and Ginny's place at a time (2 sleeping or eating) they have 2 beds for the OFF-LINE folks, and the other 2 ops will be on-the-air.
Ron N6NIA, will be there the full 48 hrs and I am open for any other 48 hr commitments.
The rest of us will do at least 24 hrs at the station.  However, we are short of our 8 person goal (by one operator).  Does anyone else want to operate for the whole weekend?

PLEASE E-MAIL ME ASAP so that I know your still in the mix ,as well as how much time u can commit to our effort. The contest starts at 5 PM Friday 28 October and ends Sunday at 5PM 30 October.  So... our 6 hour shifts will start at 5PM on Friday.  de Rick W6SR