[Mldxcc] Tnx for welcome to Pat AA6EG...

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 23 20:05:40 EDT 2006

Tnx Jeff and Club...

I really enjoyed the visit and food at the meeting yesterday.  I am looking
forward to becoming active wherever my contributions can be used.  I am
somewhat out of shape, about 35 pounds heavier than 1-1/2 years ago due to
my lifestyle change and move, bringing me off my bicycle and still eating a
lot of food like yesterday.  When the wx gets a little cooler, I plan to get
back on the bike, for health reasons, if I can find out about good/safe
places to ride, hopefully on bike paths.   Once a ltttle trimmer/fitter, I
enjoy Tower climbing work and antenna parties.  I am in Rocklin near
Stanford Ranch Road, near the Galleria Mall.

I work at Lincoln Airport in Avionics.

I have a some Rohn 25 and a beam stashed in Fresno, so am looking for anyone
who might go there, for whatever reason, that has ability to transport some
(4 sections) of Rohn 25, back up here.
Also would be interested in learning the process of working with the city to
put up a small tower with beam.  Is Rocklin ham friendly that way?

My operating preferences are in Contesting/DXing, with HF CW the preferred
mode, but dabble in HF digital modes.

I have been doing Field Day for some 38 years straight now, have thought of
it as a contest, from the beginning, and my team, the Chews Ridge Gang, is
usually at or near the top of the heap in the  1A battery (low power)
category.  This year we did 1200 some Qs, single TX, < 5watts
Chews ridge Gang, our team, dates with the same core group, back to our High
School years/Friends, back when High Schools had ham radio clubs.

I am actively 'beta testing' a remote controlled HF/VHF/UHF remote base in
Monterey that uses Ham Radio Deluxe and Skype for remote control.  Simple
setup, works reasonably well, so far, but have not attempted/figured out
how/if we can do CW remotely.

Years ago, while in Monterey, I spearheaded the acquisition of the old Army
Mars station at Ft Ord when it closed down, and now exists as the N6IJ
contest station.  So I would like to find any other club-like contest
stations in the area that welcome guest ops, or contesters who do same.

I see that Jeff lists Wine as another interest...Me too.  My Brother lives
in Auburn, above Dry Creek Road, and cultivates grapes/makes wine as a hobby
at the house.  Has a hobby label, Bullfrog Cellars.... Judging by his wine
club activities, he does a good job, is QRO, if you will, on
winemaking....If anyone is interested in sharing some Bullfrog Cellars wine,
over a BBQ or something, I would be glad to host...overlooking Lake Arthur,
off Dry Creek Road.  His QTH can handle a Saturdy Club meeting easily, if we
are interested....

73, DX, de Pat AA6EG aa6eg at hotmail.com;
Life is too short for QRP....
                  Skype:  Sparky599