[Mldxcc] For Sale: Yaesu FT1000D

jeff stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:37:48 EST 2007

I have a Yaesu FT1000D that has been displaced by an Elecraft K3, and so it
must go before more dust layers form upon it. I purchased this radio used
from N6TNX about 3 or 4 years ago, and I believe he was the original owner.
Serial Number 1H140030, which means it was made in 1991. The radio had a
complete overhaul (by N6AX, a former Yaesu tech) at the time, and received
all factory upgrades including the v6 firmware. Since then I have added a
complete set of INRAD filters for both IFs: 1.8KHz, 400Hz, and 250Hz, and
also the roofing filter.

This radio has been used. A lot, including getting hauled out for Field Day
once. I have also hauled it back and forth to WC6H a few times. It does
therefore have some cosmetic scratches. The only functional issue I am aware
of is the headphone jack is a little twitchy, sometimes it takes a little
jimmy-ing to get the audio on. The RX is excellent, and having 200W
available TX doesn't hurt either.

You get the radio, a well worn users manual, power cord, and I'll throw in
the RS232 interface - but no box, no mike, no other accessories. (I will
throw in a chintzy RTTY cable if you want it ;).

I'm willing to let this go to an NCCC or MLDXCC member who will use it for
$1100. I would very much prefer that you pick it up from me here in
Calaveras County; if you do make the drive I'll throw in a couple bottles of
wine for your trouble! Or I can meet you halfway somewhere (I would have to
drive halfway to the bay area to find a place to properly package it for
shipping anyway.)

Or, as of right now I plan to be in Mountain View this Tuesday evening at
5PM. Act now and I will bring it with me!

73 - jeff wk6i
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Winery Blog ~ http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/