[Mldxcc] [Fwd: [The Daily DX] FW: IOTA NEWS 19 January 2008]

Ken Anderson k6ta at volcano.net
Sun Jan 20 10:25:54 EST 2008

--------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: [The Daily DX] FW: IOTA NEWS 19 January 2008
From:    "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie at dailydx.com>
Date:    Sun, January 20, 2008 4:44 am
To:      bernie at dailydx.com

                             IOTA NEWS
                                 by
               Roger Balister, G3KMA, RSGB IOTA Manager

                 >>> FEBRUARY 2008 HONOUR ROLL <<<

A reminder that updates for the February 2008 Honour Roll and other
performance listings need to be submitted within the next few days. The
last date for sending applications on-line (by far the preferred method)
and for posting cards is 1 February. Any scores changed by updates
submitted after that date will be held over until the next appearance of
the listings. No decision has been taken on when this will be and
particularly whether it will be possible to schedule it for later this
year. An announcement will be made in due course.

Listing in the tables is restricted to those participants who have
updated their scores at least once in the previous five years. In the
case of the February 2008 tables this means since the 2003 annual
listings. If you wish to remain listed, check to see that you qualify and,
if not, make a submission on or before 1 February 2008. It is expected
that the February 2008 performance listings will be published in the
Spring.

               >>> NEW ON-LINE APPLICATION SYSTEM <<<

The new on-line application system went live for all IOTA participants in
late September after initial testing. It has proved hugely popular with some
250 submissions and 17,500 cards processed to date. The Software Team
continues to work on enhancements and these will come forward over the next
few months. The dynamics of working the new system have inevitably led to
consideration being given to a number of changes to the programme's written
provisions and procedures last detailed in the 2007 IOTA Directory. These
are likely to be small in scale and mainly of a tidying-up nature to take
account of the new software's current and future capabilities. They will be
published on the RSGB IOTA website in due course but notice is given here to
alert participants that some interim changes have been made pending final
decisions that amend the 2007 Directory.

       >>> UPDATE OF DATA IN IOTA DIRECTORY - 2007 EDITION <<<

               >>> NEW IOTA REFERENCE NUMBERS ISSUED <<<

AF-104 7X  Mediterranean Sea Coast East group (Algeria)
AS-186 YK  Syria group (Syria)
AS-193 HZ  Farasan Islands (Saudi Arabia)
NA-243 OX  Greenland's Coastal Islands North East (Greenland)
OC-283 P2  Tauu Islands (aka Takuu Islands) (Papua New Guinea)
OC-284 P2  Nukumanu Islands (Papua New Guinea)
SA-098 OA6 Arequipa/Moquegua/Tacna Department group (Peru)

          >>> PROVISIONAL IOTA REFERENCE NUMBERS ACTIVATED <<<
           >>> (BUT NOT CONFIRMED) AS AT 19 JANUARY 2008 <<<

Nil

           >>> OPERATIONS WHICH HAVE PROVIDED ACCEPTABLE <<<
                   >>> VALIDATION MATERIAL <<<

AF-104 7U5CI      Grand Cavallo Island (June 2007)
AS-186 YK9SV      Arwad Island (November 2007)
AS-193 HZ1MD/M    Farasan Kebir Island, Farasan Islands (June/July 2007)
EU-080 EA1/EA7TV  Arosa Island (September 2007)
EU-102 RA1QKI/1   Dolgiy Island (August 2007)
EU-102 UA1QV/1    Dolgiy Island (August 2007)
EU-160 RA1QKI/1   Chaichiy Island (August 2007)
EU-160 UA1PBU/P   Chaichiy Island (August 2007)
EU-160 UA1QV/1    Chaichiy Island (August 2007)
NA-004 KL7HBK     Endeavor (Endicott) Island (July 2007)
NA-170 HP2/CX2AM  Wichubhuala Island, San Blas Archipelago (June/July 2007)
NA-170 HP2/CX3AN  Wichubhuala Island, San Blas Archipelago (June/July 2007)
NA-170 HP2/CX4CR  Wichubhuala Island, San Blas Archipelago (June/July 2007)
NA-183 4A3IH      La Roqueta and Grande (Ixtapa) Islands (May 2007)
NA-206 KL1YY      Ushagat Island, Barren Islands (July 2007)
NA-206 NF7E/KL7   Ushagat Island, Barren Islands (July 2007)
NA-206 NN7A/NL7   Ushagat Island, Barren Islands (July 2007)
NA-238 W5BOS/AL0  Unavikshak Island (August 2007)
NA-243 OX/PA3EXX/P Rathbone Island (August 2007)
OC-080 E51QMA     Suwarrow Atoll, Northern Cook Islands (May 2007)
OC-080 E51TUG     Suwarrow Atoll, Northern Cook Islands (May 2007)
OC-186 YB3MM/2    Karimunjawa Island, Karimunjawa Islands (November 2007)
OC-256 P29VLR     Kilinailau Islands (aka Tulun Islands) (October 2007)
OC-283 P29NI      Tauu Islands (aka Takuu Islands) (October 2007)
OC-284 P29VCX     Nukumanu Islands (September 2007)
SA-098 OA6/IZ7ATN/P Blanca Island (March 2007)

Note: This list includes operations where validation material was
volunteered, ie not specifically required for credit to be given. In all
cases, cards now submitted will be accepted by Checkpoints if they meet
normal standards. This means that the island name should be printed on the
card.

    >>> OPERATIONS FROM WHICH VALIDATION MATERIAL IS AWAITED <<<

SA-076 OC1I Lobos de Afuera Islands (January 2008)
SA-098 OC6I Blanca Island (December 2007)

Note: Checkpoints are not authorised to credit QSL cards for an
operation where validation is required.

                        Roger Balister, G3KMA
                          RSGB IOTA Manager
                      Email: IOTA.HQ at rsgb.org.uk