[Mldxcc] 0400 Update, Concow Fire

Bill bill at digitalpath.net
Wed Jul 9 07:26:05 EDT 2008

Ginny woke me from a short nap: orange glow over a frighteningly wide
angle plus one long, bright tongue of flames.

Too dark to see if the fire is on the first ridge or the second one from
here. Binocs don't help: too dark.

Wind is less severe than yesterday but it's strong enough to cause
problems for firefighters.

We are 100% ready to hit the road but I want to stay here for a few
minutes at least, so we can get a better
idea of the exact location of the fire.

Emergency evacuations have been imposed in most of Paradise plus a large
swath down to the valley floor, along
our evacuation route (hwy 70). Paradise is maybe 1700 to 2100 ft elevation.

This is probably our final update; if not, I'll post another in 2 or 3
hours. We'll be heading for Woodland. No
internet at the relatives' house.

Bill K6KM & Ginny N6RER