[Mldxcc] CQP: Mults & Motivation

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:10:44 EDT 2008

At the last NCCC meeting, there were several questions regarding
Multipliers from the 2007 CQP contest.  Matt, WX5S, has compiled
detailed information on mults, QSOs, rankings, etc. from last year's
logs.  Contact him if you need full data.

For an excellent overview on the top participants for each Multiplier,
review K6TD's very complete 2007 CQP report found on our website:  http://www.cqp.org/results/2007/07complete.pdf

I enjoyed reading this report again but for a different reason -- the
many (+) Soapbox comments.  Some of my favorites:

"Every year I do better than the year before!!  Great contest and at
age 66 and a ham for 52 years, this is one of the greatest!!  K5QQ"
"Great Contest and tradition for Contest Club Ontario. VE3RER"
"What a great contest!  Thanks gang for all your efforts to make it so
very successful.  W7SW"
"Funniest moment....In the middle of my calling CQ: CQP, November Six
Oscar Oscar, my lovely XYL comes in the shack and tells me "You're
doing it wrong dear, today is October Sixth, not November Six"..What a
sweetheart!   See you next year.  Tony, N6OO."
"First QSO Party!   So much Fun!!!   KG6SKA"
"Had a great time working all those FB California ops.!   W2TB"
"Loads of fun.  NE4M"
"K2, 5W, verticals.  Great ops in CA. Thanks for working a weak
signal!   VA3RKM"
"Great contest despite poor band conditions.   K0GSV"
"Always the best QSO Party - great ops!   VE4YU"
"This was my first time to work the CQP.  I had a blast and cannot
wait until next year.  KE5KWD"
"Thank you for putting on a great party as always.  KS8O"

There's nothing more motivating than reading these comments from our
fellow contesters, who year after year confirm that CQP is really The
Best State QSO Party in the country.

16 Days, 22 Hours and counting........Get Motivated.

73, John K6MM