[Mldxcc] RTTY RU Results - WX6V

Jim Venneman wx6v at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 5 00:24:55 EST 2009

Call: WX6V
Opr: WX6V
SOAB HP
Opr Time: 22:47
Club: Northern California Contest Club

  Band    Q    Sec   DX
    80      53    2       0
    40    227    7       1
    20    293    15    15
    15    275    34    12
    10        2     0       0
-----------------------------
TOT    850    58      28

Claimed Score: 73,100
Sections Missed: NF, NWT, LB, NU, YT

Rig: IC-765  + Tec-Tec Centurian amp [at 500 watts]
Ants: C3E Tribander/Rotable Dipole/Inverted L
Software: N1MM+MMTTY

Wow - that was awesome!! My first serious effort in an RTTY contest turned out to be really fun. Didn't know what to expect when the weekend started and ended up learning a lot. I promised 500 Qs, got listed on the NCCC website for 1,000 and ended up in-between, which surprised me. It was just a year ago that I was frustrated trying to get all of the electronics and software working togetherso that I could even copy RTTY.  Amazed at the level of activity in this event. It took almost two hours before I stopped hearing "diddles" coming out of the air vents after the contest ended. Looking forward to the next major RTTY event, which I assume is CQ WPX.

73s and thanks for the Qs,

Jim -WX6V-
Auburn