[Mldxcc] ARRL VHF 220 Special Station

Robert Hess w1rh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 19:49:56 PDT 2009

If all goes well, we will be operating a 220 SSB and FM transmitter from the KOVR channel 13 antenna on Saturday.  Probably late afternoon/evening.

Obviously, with the analog shutdown, we are able to do this, but as a one-time-only situation, since we are turning the transmission line over to another station soon.  KOVR uses a circularly polarized antenna at 2049 feet above ground, in Walnut Grove, CA.  The antenna should play well on the 220 band.

We plan on using one of Bill's calls: W6CBS or W6RCA.  Since KOVR is owned by CBS, it would be cool to use that call, but the antenna was built by RCA.  Bill just has the right calls!

We will not be in the contest.  Just handing out points.  If we make enough contacts, I may do a special QSL card if there is any interest.

SSB will be around 222.1

FM will be around 223.5

Bob
W1RH