[Mldxcc] Officer service time--proposed amendment to the by-laws

Richard Hill rehill at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 21 13:14:29 PDT 2009

Per the discussion at recent meetings to allow officers to serve without
a time limit, I move that we strike the following line from Article IV,
Section 2:  "No person shall serve more than three consecutive terms in
any office."

I'm looking for discussion on the reflector and a second should someone
feel so moved.

The reason to make the motion on the reflector is to allow discussion,
and possibly to begin a vote, prior to the November meeting.  Carolyn
has indicated a willingness to continue as Treasure, and has served more
than three years consecutively. We appreciate her service.

ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS
Section 2:
No person shall serve more than three consecutive terms in any office.

Rich
NU6T
President
MLDXCC