[Mldxcc] CQ WPX CW 2010 NU6T

Richard Hill rehill at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 31 10:30:27 PDT 2010

CQWPXCW Score Summary Sheet

Call Sign Used : NU6T
Operator(s) : NU6T

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED
Band : ALL
Power : LOW
Mode : CW

ARRL Section : SV
Club/Team : Northern California Contest Club
Software : N1MM Logger V10.5.2

Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
3.5       2      5    2
  7       12      26   10
14       59      80   41
21       47      69   28
28        7      9    3

Total    127     189   84

Score : 15,876
Rig : K3
Antennas : 135 ft dipole

Soapbox : First entry in this contest, so...Best Score Ever!
Goal was 100 good QSOs for the NCCC from MLDXCC with room for errors
<grin> and practice for SS.

Tough weekend. Helped my sister buy a new car, wife sang in a concert,
and friends dropped in.
I enjoyed the K3 though. With no CW skill, I listened for clear code,
listened to enough QSOs to find the number and feel confident in the
sequence, and then called at about 22-24 wpm to make the contact.  I
enjoyed the encouragement some sent   w  i  t  h    l  o  n  g    s  p
a  c  e  s   so I could copy.  Much appreciated.

I found the K3 code reader useful, but of limited value in a contest.
The characters scroll by fast enough that by the time I thought I had
the exchange and wanted to check, all I got was the last few characters
or numbers.  Sometimes more frustration than help.

Nowhere to go but up!
--
NU6T
Rich