[Mldxcc] Score Table Updated: CQ WPX CW Contest

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Mon May 31 22:07:31 PDT 2010

http://nccc.cc  -->  Scores  --> 2010 Scores -->  CQ WPX CW under May

For this contest, I operated at the K6LRG superstation in Livermore --
my thanks to Chris (N6WM) and the gang for the invitation -- I had a
great time.

For the CW portion of this contest, the Club hit about 50 Million
points -- short of our stretch goal of 66M.  The propagation Gods just
weren't helping us this past weekend.  And we only had the benefit of
one big DX effort (a great one by Andy, AE6Y at P49Y) for this CW
contest.

So, it looks like we're finishing at just about 200 Million points for
the 2010 WPX SSB + CW combined Club score.  This is a great score,
considering that in 2009, we racked up 86 Million points for this
contest (SSB + CW combined).

And it will be our best submitted score since 2003, when we hit 230M
points.

Indeed, we should be very proud of our WPX effort this year!

The remaining question:  Will our 200M points be enough to dethrone
PVRC?

Based on the numbers I've seen on the 3830 reflector and the SSB logs
already submitted to ARRL, there's every reason to be optimistic.
Just depends on how many European stations they grabbed from the East
Coast, and how many PVRC BICs were activated.  We'll see.

Nice job everyone -- and special thanks to our MLDXCC and REDXA
buddies for submitting their logs on behalf of NCCC!

73,
John K6MM