[Mldxcc] Advice on Tower Shipping

Steve Dyer w1srd at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 10:52:03 EDT 2013

Seeking the collective wisdom of the Club. This is my first station with towers and I have much to learn about station building.

I just purchased two new towers from Tashjian.

Standard freight shipping did not seem to make sense. Tashjian indicated they would likely not come down my "street" since there is no turn-around. Definitely not up the driveway. So I would have to arrange for an offsite pickup anyhow.

Tower 1 is 23' retracted and ~1100 lbs. Tower 2 is 21' retracted and ~300 lbs.
Other than their length, it's not a big load.

Right now the order is to be picked up at the factory in Fowler.

Suggestions on the simplest way to transport and offload?

Thanks es 73,

Steve
W1SRD