[Mldxcc] CQP Idea

Robert Hess via Mldxcc mldxcc at contesting.com
Wed Aug 6 16:24:01 EDT 2014

Hi MLDXCC'ers,

Jeff, WK6I, has a cool suggestion....

This is the 49th running of CQP (I didn't know that).  We are in the Mother Lode, as in 49'ers.  Jeff is suggesting some sort of tie in.

Here's my suggestions.  No pride of authorship.  There's probably better ideas.

Certificate for working all of the Mother Lode counties.

Madera
Mariposa
Tuolumne
Calaveras
Amador
El Dorado
Placer
Nevada
Yuba
Sierra
Plumas

 - or -

Certificate for making 49 points

1 point for each station worked in the above counties.
1 bonus point for a member station in one of the Mother Lode counties.

Any other ideas?  We may be able to get this published in QST if we hurry.

I assume this would not affect our club competition, but can verify if we want to do this.

Bob